Good for life.
Complete and balanced nutrition formulated for weight control in indoor cats one year and older.
35% less fat than Iams Original.
- Healthy Weight Control
L-carnitine helps burn fat and build lean muscle to gradually return your cat to a healthier weight.
- Digestive Care
Natural fiber gently moves hair through the digestive system.
- Immune System Health
Essential antioxidants help build a strong immune system.
- Healthy TeethB
Iams Daily Dental Care helps reduce tartar build-up to keep the whole mouth healthy.
- Soft, Shiny Coat
Vitamin-rich fish oils for healthier skin and shinier coat.
Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Grits, Corn Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Powdered Cellulose, Ground Whole Grain Sorghum, Chicken, Dried Egg Product, Animal Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Natural Flavor, Sodium Bisulfate, Potassium Chloride, DL-Methionine, Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Brewers Dried Yeast, Choline Chloride, Salt, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Acetate, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of vitamin B1), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of vitamin B2), Inositol, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Minerals (Zinc Oxide, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate), L-Carnitine, Rosemary Extract
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein (min.) 32%, Crude fat (max.) 16.5%, Crude fiber (max.) 6.5%, Moisture (max.) 10%, Ash (max.) 7%, Magnesium (max.) 0.1%, Taurine (min.) 0.15%,Ll-carnitine* (min.) 80 mg/kg, omega-6 fatty acids* (min.) 2%, omega-3 fatty acids* (min.) 0.2%.
Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profile.
Animal feeding tests using Association of American Food Control Officials procedures substantiate that Iams Weight Control Hairball Care Formula Cat Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance.
Cat Feeding Instructions
Cups Per Day to Lose Weight
4 lb. cat: 1/4 cup
8 lb. cat: 1/2 cup
12 lb. cat: 3/4 cup
16 lb. cat: 1 cup
22 lb. cat: 1 1/2 cups
Cups Per Day to Maintain Weight
4 lb. cat: 1/3 cup
8 lb. cat: 2/3 - 3/4 cup
12 lb. cat: 1 - 1 1/4 cups
16 lb. cat: 1 1/4 - 1 2/3 cups
22 lb. cat: 1 2/3 - 2 1/3 cups
These guideline amounts are a starting point and your cat may need more food depending upon age, activity, and temperament. In order to reach an optimal body condition, you may need to adjust food intake. This chart represents the total recommended volume of food per day. You should divide the total cups recommended by the number of times you feed your cat per day to get the actual portion size per feeding.
- If you have a kitten, pregnant, or nursing cat, Iams recommends feeding Iams Kitten Food.
- Be sure to measure your cat's food every day to make sure you are not overfeeding your cat.
- Remember to have clean, fresh water available for your cat at all times.
- Because Iams Weight Control Hairball Care Formula Cat Food is complete and balanced for maintenance, you do not need to add vitamin or mineral supplements.
- Iams Weight Control Hairball Care should be fed exclusively. Mixing other foods with it could compromise the effectiveness of this diet. Weight loss for your cat is best achieved under the supervision of a veterinarian. Weight loss in cats should be gradual in order to maintain health. If you cat has not eaten for more than two days in a row, or if you have questions regarding your cat's health, consult your veterinarian.
- When introducing Iams Cat Food, gradually mix it with your cat's current food over the course of four days.
- You can expect to notice weight loss on your overweight cat in as little as eight weeks.